He became Branch Chairman and also Librarian of the Oxford Diocesan Guild of Church Bellringers and was elected Master of the Guild in 1910. He liked to ring heavy bells, including the tenors at Southwark and St. Mary le Bow, and the tenth at St. Paul's Cathedral - all these bells weigh over two tons (2000kg). His frequent visits to the many towers in the area were eagerly awaited by the local ringers.
On Easter Monday, 1933, Rev. Jenkyn spent the morning with his wife in East Garston, walking in the woods which he loved. In the afternoon, he went to St. Nicolas Church in Newbury to listen to the bells, which had recently been augmented with a 9th and 10th. He descended the steep staircase from the ringing chamber and walked towards the canal at West Mills to listen to the bells.
It was there he was found collapsed, and doctors were unable to save him - he had finally succumbed to the effects of the gassing he had endured in the first World War. The funeral took place on 27 April 1933 at East Garston. Ringers from as far away as the Midlands, London and South Wales attended, filling the church and spilling out into the churchyard. Over one hundred floral tributes were received, and memorial services conducted all over Berkshire. Simultaneous peals were rung at East Garston and Newbury, and a peal on handbells was rung over his grave. His photograph hangs in All Saints and many other belfries in the area to this day, and there is a memorial in his memory at Christ Church Cathedral, Oxford. This remarkable man is still remembered today, not only for his many achievements but also for his friendliness and infectious enthusiasm.